Volunteer at the Museum!
Join our team and be a part of something truly special! Complete the brief volunteer application below to assist in a variety of different roles. Volunteer applicants must be at least 15 years or older to apply.
A bounty of BENEFITS for Volunteers:
- 20% discount on items purchased in the Museum Shop
- Discounts on Museum classes, workshops, and programs
- Training to perform assigned jobs with confidence
- References for outside employment or scholarship applications
- Regular updates on exhibitions and programs to ensure awareness of museum changes and events
- Special volunteer recognition—The Muse, an annual luncheon for the adult volunteers, bus trip, and more!
- Opportunity to explore new fields of interest and to renew old skills
- Personal satisfaction of supporting a true community resource
By providing Museum tours to visitors of all ages, Docents enable The Columbus Museum to more fully serve the community of the lower Chattahoochee Valley.
Docents Candidates participate in an eight-week training course that focuses on strategies to promote visitor engagement, activate critical and creative thinking, and provide an introduction to our permanent collection. They also enjoy annual luncheons, bus trips, and continuing education opportunities.
Interested in becoming a Docent at The Columbus Museum? We are no longer accepting applications at this time. For those interested in becoming a docent, email Rachel Vogt at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
MUSEUM GIFT SHOP
(Museum hours with flexible shifts)
Duties: Shop volunteers deal daily with the Museum’s guests by providing them with excellent service. Volunteers are required to handle transactions, restock merchandise, and keep the Shop tidy.
Minimum age requirement: 16
Other Opportunities may include:
Volunteering with different museum departments, such as Design, Curatorial, Development, Education or Marketing and Public Relations.